Re: Simplifying expressions containing Bessel functions?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg76858] Re: Simplifying expressions containing Bessel functions?
- From: roland franzius <roland.franzius at uos.de>
- Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 05:11:24 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Universitaet Hannover
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
AES wrote: > Is there any kind of Simplification procedure in Mathematica that will > somehow apply the recursion relations between Bessel functions of orders > n-1, n and n+1 to eliminate the highest orders in an expression? > > I realize this is not a simple topic -- but it would be nice if > > D[x BesselJ[1, x], x] > > would yield > > x BesselJ[0, x] > > rather than > > BesselJ[1, x] + (x/2) ( BesselJ[0, x] - BesselJ[2, x] ) > FunctionExpand obviously knows about the Bessel recursion. -- Roland Franzius