Re: Stopping Automatic Animation in v6

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg76924] Re: Stopping Automatic Animation in v6
  • From: "Brian Gladman" <brg at nowhere.org>
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 05:18:03 -0400 (EDT)

"Jean-Marc Gulliet" <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:f3gq8g$3sm$1 at smc.vnet.net...
> Brian Gladman wrote:
>> "Jean-Marc Gulliet" <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:f38s5g$icv$1 at smc.vnet.net...

> Hi Brian,
>
> I tried the code provided (on V6.0 and also V5.2) and did not get any
> animation: on both versions of Mathematica the plots behave in the same
> fashion whenever I reevaluated the expression, that is plain static 3D
> graphics.
>
> The only thing that comes up to my mind is that you must have some
> package loaded automatically (check your init.m file) that creates
> animations.

Thanks Jean

It turns out that there is an option to turn off 'dynamic evaluation' but
it's a menu option, not a program option as I was expecting.

Once I turned off 'dynamic updating enabled' on the evaluation menu, I got
the static evaluation I was after.

My thanks to you and to everyone else who looked at this for me.

    Brian Gladman