Re: Famous Mathematica 5.0 not working with Mathematica 6?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg77008] Re: Famous Mathematica 5.0 not working with Mathematica 6?
- From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
- Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 03:35:59 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK
- References: <email@example.com>
eric.laruelle at gmail.com wrote: > Hello. I am performing an evaluation of Mathematica 6 with the demo > version on both Windows XP 32 bits and OS X 10.4.9. However both crash > when evaluating the famous Karl's Mathematica benchmark: > http://www2.staff.fh-vorarlberg.ac.at/~ku/karl/timings50.html > > Did anyone experience the same thing? Have you got any suggestion? > Thank you. Hi Eric, I have just made some tests on my system (Windows XP SP2, Pentium IV HT2.6 GHz, 1 Go RAM) with 5.2 ans 6.0. As expected, Karl's notebook works fine with 5.2 (using less than 100 Mo of RAM); however, testing 6.0 results in consuming all of the available memory (I killed the kernel after it had eating up 1.8 Go). Regards, Jean-Marc