Re: Easy Mapping problem that has me stumped!

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg82826] Re: Easy Mapping problem that has me stumped!
  • From: RicoS <rob.ladd at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 05:03:47 -0500 (EST)

I was looking to keep the matrix values <= 1, and clip does it. I don't know why some of the replies to my post are not showing up in the forum, but I will try again:

Well, I'm not sure why the responses aren't posted, but I got great help from Carl, Szabolcs, Bobby and Tom, thanks folks.

Heres what I got:
dgif = Import["someImage.gif", "Data"]
m = dgif/255
Manipulate[
       Graphics[
               Raster[
                       Clip[
                       Map[(hi*#^lo*{r, g, b, \[Alpha]}) &, m, {2}],
                       {0, 1}]
                         ]
                       ],
                       {{r, 1, "Red Value"}, 1, 0},