Displaying graphics with the MathKernel in OS X

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg82888] Displaying graphics with the MathKernel in OS X
  • From: kevin_jazz <kevinbowman at mac.com>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 03:32:42 -0500 (EST)

I'd like to use Mathematica the "old fashion" way by using the
MathKernel with the notebook.  However, I'd like to be able to display
graphics.  This is what I've done:

isengard:/Applications/Mathematica.app/Contents/MacOS kbowman$ ./
MathKernel
Mathematica 6.0 for Mac OS X x86 (32-bit)
Copyright 1988-2007 Wolfram Research, Inc.

In[1]:= Plot[Sin[x],{x,1,3}]

Out[1]= -Graphics-

In[2]:= Exit[]
isengard:/Applications/Mathematica.app/Contents/MacOS kbowman$

However, the Graphics are not displayed in a window.

Does anyone know of a way to do that?

thanks,

Kevin