Re: Mathematica 6 Graphics Options

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg82883] Re: Mathematica 6 Graphics Options
  • From: "Joseph T. DeWitte, Jr." <nnesita at>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 03:30:08 -0500 (EST)

Here's a function I wrote that seems to solve the problem.

"\nStart clicking on the graph above.  The list below will grow, \
with one new x-y coordinate pair for each click.  When you're done, \
highlight the list from just before the first brace to just past the \
last one.  Next, use Edit/Copy on the front end menu bar to put the \
list on the clipboard.  Then you can Edit/Paste the list into a new \
input cell for further manipulation.  If you highlight much beyond \
the list, you'll just get a string with the name of the internal \
coordinate list variable (pts$$) when you paste into a new cell, \
rather than the coordinates themselves.  \n\n You may find it \
useful to copy this function into the init.m file in the \
$UserBaseDirectory/Kernel subdirectory so it's available every \
time you start Mathematica.\n",

Here's an example of how to use this function:

pastedPoints=**** paste list from above here ****;

---Joe DeWitte