Re: Can you get a package back to a notebook easily?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg82948] Re: Can you get a package back to a notebook easily?
- From: magma <maderri2 at gmail.com>
- Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2007 06:12:11 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com><firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Nov 3, 9:42 am, Szabolcs <szhor... at gmail.com> wrote: > On Nov 2, 9:28 am, "aaronhirshb... at yahoo.com" > > <aaronhirshb... at yahoo.com> wrote: > > I am asking this because I want to know if I need to save my notebook > > and my package in CVS, or only my package? > > > Aaron Hirshberg > > If you are using an auto-save package, then no, you can't get back the > notebook from the .m file. You can look into the .m file (it is just > a plain-text file, and the front end (or notebooks) are not needed to > edit it), and see that it contains less information than the notebook. What exactly gets lost when going from Notebook to package? I believe only the Initialization cells are transferred to the package, everything else is lost. Am I correct?