RE: Re: Can you get a package back to a notebook easily?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg82936] RE: [mg82923] Re: Can you get a package back to a notebook easily?
  • From: "Barthelet, Luc" <lucb at ea.com>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2007 06:06:01 -0500 (EST)

Hmmm. I tend to disagree.
We manage a large number of notebooks under source control and we prefer
use the .m versions since 6.0 for the notebooks which might be
conflicting.

The new .m format enables us to keep most of the data and presentation
and not the output cells, which is useful for size when working on
graphics related issues.

We do check in notebooks also.

So far no corruptions because of source control. The only corruptions I
have seen are related to laptops going to sleep (which might be fixed
now) or virtual memory full on 32bit memory systems like XP.

Luc