Re: ContourPlot Problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg83107] Re: ContourPlot Problem
  • From: "Jean-Marc Gulliet" <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 02:58:13 -0500 (EST)

Kevin J. McCann wrote:

> Yes, but I actually want to specify the contours, and it won't do it.

<snip>

Oh, I see. In this case, what one must do, in addition to specify the
location of the contour lines, is  to control the plot range. (The
original expression clips the region of the plot where the value of V
are greater than one.) By specifying the desired range, say from 0 to
5, you will get all the desired contours. For instance,

ContourPlot[V[0.9, x, z], {x, -L, L}, {z, -L, L}, Contours -> cntrs,
 FrameLabel -> {"x", "z"}, PlotRange -> {0, 5}]

Hope this answers (correctly this time!) your question.

Regards,
--
Jean-Marc