Mathematica 6.0.0 crashes on OSX 10.4.10

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg83105] Mathematica 6.0.0 crashes on OSX 10.4.10
  • From: Ravi Balasubramanian <bravi at cs.washington.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 02:57:11 -0500 (EST)

Hello Mathematica Users,

I have been using Mathematica for some time now, and I generally like
the new 6.0.0 Mathematica features.  I use a Mac Book Pro, and here is
some system info:

"6.0 for Mac OS X x86 (32-bit) (April 20, 2007)"
"6.0.0 (850973, 850762)"

I have had two crashes in the last three days, while I have almost never
crashed 5.2.  I think using CMD-Shift-F to look up documentation might
have triggered the crash.  OSX itself did not crash.  However, I have
since failed to reproduce the error on a simpler test file.  So I do not
know where the bug is.

I noticed that someone else also had a problem with the local
Documentation Center (see
http://forums.wolfram.com/mathgroup/archive/2007/Aug/msg00722.html), but
they were using CleanSlate, which I was not using.

Every time I hit CMD-Shift-F, I am always worried if the program will
crash.  Anybody faced this problem?

Ravi
Seattle, WA