Re: Can't abort a loop with Print inside (V6)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg83190] Re: Can't abort a loop with Print inside (V6)
  • From: Yaroslav Bulatov <yaroslavvb at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 04:49:59 -0500 (EST)

Possible solution might be to have Mathematica suppress outputs
consisting of very many cells.
In other words, if the evaluation produces a million "Print"
statements, it would give "a very large output was generated" and only
show a few of them. Since new cells could be produced in real-time, it
could group excessive cells by time, ie, all cells sent in 0.1 seconds
could be put in the first "a very large output" group, cells after
that would go into second group, etc.

But an even simpler solution would be to give user a throttle option
-- if the front-end receives more than t output cells in 1 second, it
would print something like "further output suppressed" and ignore
kernel output for a few seconds.

Yaroslav