Mathematica 6.0 and SELinux?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg83382] Mathematica 6.0 and SELinux?
- From: Pavel Pokorny <Pavel.Pokorny at vscht.RemoveMe.MeToo.cz>
- Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 06:10:21 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Czech Technical University
Dear Mathematica friends, can someone please explain why Mathematica 6.0 conflicts with SELinux? SE stands for Security Enhanced. Does a user have to reduce the security of the system to run Mathematica? >From the naive point of view, a mathematical software should not conflict with security issues, or should it? Wolfram in the installation instructions gives the url http://support.wolfram.com/mathematica/systems/linux/general/selinux.html but this page only suggests what to do with Mathematica 5.2. It gives no explanation. Thanks for any help -- Pavel Pokorny Math Dept, Prague Institute of Chemical Technology http://www.vscht.cz/mat/Pavel.Pokorny