Re; Tally[ ] and Union[ ]

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg83398] Re; Tally[ ] and Union[ ]
  • From: Thomas E Burton <tburton at brahea.com>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 06:18:39 -0500 (EST)

I immediately suspected Combinatorica`IsomorphicQ. I was able to
convince myself, however, that IsomorphicQ is symmetric and
transitive over the set of 21 graphs produced by diagrams[3]. Do we
ask any more of a test for equivalence? If not, then suspicion
reverts to Tally, which is yielding too many results. I've no answer.