Re: classes.m

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg83393] Re: classes.m
  • From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 06:16:03 -0500 (EST)

iitamanna at gmail.com wrote:

> I wanted to know how can I use the .m files that i download from some
> source on web.
> I downloaded Classes.m file and placed it in WolframResearch
> \Mathematica\5.2\AddOns\ExtraPackages\ProgrammingInMathematica
>
> but still when i try to include or use this file ..i get
> "Can not open Classes.m file"
>
> how can i include properly and use the .m files.
>
> Also Get cn take as an argument directory path, how that should be
> specifies

You can choose either one of the following solutions:

1) Move the file Classes.m out of the directory ProgrammingInMathematica
   and put it into the parent directory
WolframResearch\Mathematica\5.2\AddOns\ExtraPackages\Classes.m, then
evaluate Needs["Classes`"]

2) Keep the package Classes.m in the directory ProgrammingInMathematica
  and evaluates Needs["ProgrammingInMathematica`Classes`"] (you can
disregard the warning message).

You can check that Classes is correctly loaded by evaluating

$Packages

Out[2]=
{Classes`,Global`,System`}

and start using it.

In[3]:=
?Class

Class[class, superclass, variables, methods] defines a new class as a \
subclass of superclass. Class[object] gives the class of an object.

HTH,
--
Jean-Marc