Re: Mathematica question : Stepsize control

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg83409] Re: Mathematica question : Stepsize control
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 03:41:38 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

switch to a solver (Method) that works for stiff systems,
this solver will take care about fast and slow components
and reduce the local error because the step size control will
only estimate the local error but you look for the global error
and the simplets way would be to request a higher precision.

Regards
   Jens