Scalars Instead of Lists with One Element

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg83418] Scalars Instead of Lists with One Element
  • From: Gregory Lypny <gregory.lypny at videotron.ca>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 03:46:17 -0500 (EST)

Hello everyone,

Say I have the list x={2, 7}.  Is there a command I can use to get 2
rather than {2} when I ask for x[[1]], and 7 rather than {7} when I
ask for x[[2]]?  Doing so would solve my problem with my tables being
too deep to be able to cut and paste directly into the table objects
of other applications like word processors and spread sheets.

Regards,

	Gregory