Re: addons in Mathematica 6???

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg83462] Re: addons in Mathematica 6???
  • From: David Reiss <dbreiss at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 02:47:09 -0500 (EST)

A simple function that will open the legacy HelpBrowser is

FrontEndExecute[{FrontEnd`HelpBrowserLookup["AddOns"]}]

and this can be put in a simple palette that one can use to get access
to the legacy HelpBrowser directly.

Or one could edit the MenuSetup.tr file to add this to the Help menu.

For example here is one way to do it as a palette...

CreateDocument@PaletteNotebook[
  Button["Legacy Help Browser",
   FrontEndExecute[{FrontEnd`HelpBrowserLookup["AddOns"]}],
   BaseStyle -> {FontFamily -> "Helvetica", FontSize -> 10,
     FontWeight -> "Bold"}, Appearance -> "Palette"],
  ShowStringCharacters -> False, WindowTitle -> "Help!"
  ]

In the development version of A WorkLife FrameWork there are tools for
translating your legacy help browser notebooks into ones that will be
recognized by the Documentation center.  This will appear in the next
release....

Hope this helps...

--David
http://scientificarts.com/worklife
A WorkLife FrameWork
E x t e n d i n g MATHEMATICA's Reach...