Re: Locator 3D

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg83508] Re: Locator 3D
  • From: Szabolcs Horvát <szhorvat at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 05:59:47 -0500 (EST)

roby.nowak at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> is there something like a 3D Locator in Mathematica 6.0 ?
> how could such a thing be realised ?

The advantage of a Locator over something like

Manipulate[
  Graphics[Point[{x, y}], PlotRange -> 1],

is that it can be directly moved with the mouse.  To easily move a point
in 3D, one needs a special input device.  If you do have such a device,
then you might want to look at the documentation page
guide/GamepadAndDeviceInterface .  It should be possible to use it to
move a point in 3D, but I never had the chance to try this because I do
not have access to game pads.

--
Szabolcs