Re: trying to Import[] USGS-resident DEM data

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg83535] Re: trying to Import[] USGS-resident DEM data
  • From: congruentialuminaire at yahoo.com
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 04:51:50 -0500 (EST)

Hello Prof. McClure:

Thanks for the code above. I got it to work on my sample dataset.
Apparently the USGS publishes data for 2 different resolutions.
Neither worked using Import[]. The code you supplied works correctly
with the example I cited.

I am still trying to wrap my head around the need for the hh[]
construct, since it is apparently not used in the final RepliefPlot
invocation. No matter, it got me what I needed.

Also, I am hopeful that some future point release of V6 will resolve
the issue using the built-in Import[] function. Obviously this would
be preferable and hopefully would handle the mutiple resolutions issue
as well. And if WRI does not have time to resolve this expeditiously,
your code can be enhanced to handle the additional cases.

Thanks again.

Regards..Roger W.