Button[label, action] Change Font?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg83568] Button[label, action] Change Font?
  • From: Joe Sneed <jsneed at>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 05:30:45 -0500 (EST)

I want to change the font of the button label, but apparently can't do this.

Using the "basic example" as input

Button["Click Here" Print[10!]]

obtaining the button with "Click Here" with type face plain, font Ariel.
I can change the type face from the format menu to obtain type face
bold. But I can not change the front, even though the corresponding
expression (below) reveals that the font should be "Ariel Black", this
face is not displayed.

I can also change the type color, but apparently not the size.

Might there  be some place where some things are set globally that
overrides this setting?

ButtonBox["\<\"Click Here\"\>",
ButtonData->"paclet:ref/Click Here",
Method->"Preemptive"]], "Output",
ImageSize->{61, 25},
ImageMargins->{{0, 0}, {0, 0}},
ImageRegion->{{0, 1}, {0, 1}},
FontFamily->"Arial Black",

Any help much appreciated....

Joe Sneed
Division of Liberal Arts and International Studies
Colorado School of Mines
Golden CO USA
mailto:jsneed at