large font stylesheet for Mathematica slideshow

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg83615] large font stylesheet for Mathematica slideshow
  • From: Rob Munger <rob.munger at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 04:30:38 -0500 (EST)

Hi, I'd be very grateful if anyone could help me with this.

I need to do a presentation, and would like to be able to use Mathematica. I don't feel like I can use the current styles that come with Mathematica, though, because the fonts are far too small. As has been noted many times, PowerPoint slides use default font sizes of 24, 28, or 32 points. While I know that PowerPoint is widely despised, I've been advised that I should have 3-5 bullet points on each slide, and 12-point font seems inappropriate for this. I would just change the magnification level, but then the margins will seem huge. I would just write my own stylesheet, but I'm no graphic designer, so I hesitate to dive into something over my head like that.

Does anyone know of a stylesheet for Mathematica slide shows with more appropriately sized fonts? I think that one is sorely needed.

Thank you,
Rob