Can't start Mathematica 5

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg83711] Can't start Mathematica 5
  • From: Amy Lee <openlinuxsource at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 05:49:53 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

I use Mathematica 5 in Redhat Enterprise Linux 3 in 2.4.21-47.EL kernel. And
when I install over, I type "mathematica" in the prompt, the terminal shows
following error messages:

xset:  bad font path element (#122), possible causes are:
    Directory does not exist or has wrong permissions
    Directory missing fonts.dir
    Incorrect font server address or syntax
xset:  bad font path element (#122), possible causes are:
    Directory does not exist or has wrong permissions
    Directory missing fonts.dir
    Incorrect font server address or syntax
xset:  bad font path element (#122), possible causes are:
    Directory does not exist or has wrong permissions
    Directory missing fonts.dir
    Incorrect font server address or syntax

Then it exits.

How to solve it? I have reinstalled Mathematica 5 for 3 times but it still
shows that problem.

Thank you very much~

Regards,

Amy Lee