Modifying the Default stylesheet?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg81674] Modifying the Default stylesheet?
- From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
- Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 04:47:52 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Stanford University
1) I do essentially all my notebooks in a single default format or stylesheet, which I'd like to edit in some trivial ways (e.g., change the working Text font to Helvetica. What's the recommended procedure for doing this? Can I (should I) edit the Default.nb file directly? Or better to create a new myDefault.nb style? How do I do this, and where do I put it? [And is there somewhere I can read about this (or actually get a step by step description of how to do it) without getting lost deep in a sequence of infinitely cascading "Help" files?] 2) As a trivial add-on point: The Format >> Style menu brings up a submenu that shows you the Style you (or someone) selected for a given cell (the selected Style is checked). The Format >> Stylesheet menu brings up a submenu that *doesn't* indicate the Stylesheet that you (or someone) selected for the selected notebook (the selected Stylesheet is *not* checked). Why not?