Controlling the display speed of exported Animate or Manipulate

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg81720] Controlling the display speed of exported Animate or Manipulate
  • From: "H Hogreve" <hogreve at ifisr.org>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 05:37:11 -0400 (EDT)

While in Animate or Manipulate the controls for the
speed of running the animations work quite well
(by employing the AnimationRate or DefaultDuration
options for the former, or the panel control 'Slower'
for the latter), I did not succeed to save the animations
with the identical (reduced) running speed into multimedia files.
E.g., even if including the same option as for Animate
into

  Export["afile.swf", animation1, "AnimationRate" -> 0.5]

this produces a file that displays the animation1 at a
much faster rate than it was produced and is displayed
in the notebook.

Despite of searching all the available documentation, I could
not figure out how to set the speed that will be used when
playing the exported multimedia file. Whence, I would be
very grateful for any hints.

Many thanks in advance,

H. Hogreve, IFISR