Re: Multiple nests?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg81830] Re: Multiple nests?
- From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
- Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 04:28:55 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Uni Leipzig
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Hi, what's wrong with Nest[ function3, Nest[ function2, Nest[ function,list,n], m], l ] ?? Regards Jens Anolethron wrote: > I'm using Mathematica 5.2 and i need to apply a function to a list > several times. I'm using next for doing it once, but after this process > i need to apply a different function to the result of the previous one, > as in this naif example: > > no1[n_]:=Nest[function,list,n] > no2[m_]:=Nest[function2,result of the previous one,m] > no3[l_]:=Nest[function3,resultofthepreviousone,l] > > Is there a command or a way to do this straight away? > > Thanks in advance >