Re: Mouse cursor properties

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg81929] Re: [mg81887] Mouse cursor properties
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 05:26:06 -0400 (EDT)

I have a related question: Is it possible to change the style of the
mouse cursor when it is over a Graphics3D object?

The default is a pair of curving arrows, to suggest the action of
rotating the graphic.  However, when the Graphics3D object includes
tooltips identifying objects in the 3d-graphic, the sheer size and lack
of a pointer in that default cursor makes it hard to actually point to

markholtuk wrote:
> Hello,
> Does anyone know if it is possible to change the style of the mouse
> cursor from the default arrow to, let's say, crosshairs when the
> cursor is moved over graphics? I have a graphics window within a
> Manipulate panel that I click to retrieve co-ordinates. It's not a
> real problem using the default cursor, but I would prefer something
> more aesthetic!
> Thanks in anticipation,
> Mark
> Mark R. Holt, BA, PhD,
> Room 3.28
> Molecular Cardiology,
> Cardiovascular Division and
> Randall Division of Cell and Molecular Biophysics,
> New Hunt's House,
> King's College London,
> Guy's Hospital Campus,
> Phone: +44 20 7848 6438