Row vs. GraphicsRow

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg82050] Row vs. GraphicsRow
  • From: Will Robertson <wspr81 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 04:31:42 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

I'd like to horizontally stack two plots with minimal space between
them. Row does things just how I want but I'm having difficulty
getting a nice result from GraphicsRow when the plots are different
widths. (I need to use GraphicsRow so the output can be passed to
MathPSfrag for export.)

g1 = Plot[Sin[x], {x, 0, 2 \[Pi]},
  ImageSize -> {Automatic, 150}]
g2 = Plot[Cos[x], {x, 0, 2 \[Pi]},
  ImageSize -> {Automatic, 150}, AspectRatio -> 5]
g = Row[{g1, g2}]
g2 = GraphicsRow[{g1, g2}]

I've tried various combinations of ImageSize and AspectRatio and I
can't eliminate the larger "outer box" of g2, so the plots are way too
far apart; can anyone offer a solution?

Many thanks,
Will Robertson