Poor AxesLabel position in ListPlot3D

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg82086] Poor AxesLabel position in ListPlot3D
  • From: "D. Grady" <D.C.Grady at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 02:46:17 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, I'm running version 6.0.1 for Mac OS X, and ListPlot3D doesn't
seem to be doing a very good job placing axis labels in many cases.
For example:

ListPlot3D[{{1, 2, 3, 4}, {2, 3, 4, 5}}, AxesLabel -> {x, y, z}]

The y-axis label collides with one of the tick marks.  This problem is
occuring with greater severity in some plots of large datasets I'm
working on.  Is anyone else having this problem as well?  Is there a
workaround / am I overlooking something obvious?  Thanks for any help!

-Daniel