Re: Recursion limit: a good idea to ignore?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg82371] Re: Recursion limit: a good idea to ignore?
- From: Jon Harrop <jon at ffconsultancy.com>
- Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 05:03:20 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
Szabolcs Horvát wrote: >> Note that OCaml [...] failed with a nice catchable exception. > > I wish Mathematica did that too instead of crashing and causing one to > lose all data stored in the Kernel. Absolutely. Mathematica segfaulting is bad from the command-line but downright confusing when the kernel behind a notebook GUI silently dies and the user only sees all of their data disappear... -- Dr Jon D Harrop, Flying Frog Consultancy http://www.ffconsultancy.com/products/?u