Re: Is there anyway to save Graphics Output from command line?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg82471] Re: [mg82446] Is there anyway to save Graphics Output from command line?
  • From: "Rajanikanth Jammalamadaka" <rajanikanth at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 22:19:36 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks for your reply David.
It works fine when I do it from my home machine (Mathematica 6.0).
But when I try to do it from a remote machine(Mathematica 6.0.1), I get this:
xset: unable to open display ":0.0"
Can't open display.

Export::nofe: A front end is not available; export of JPEG requires a front end
$Failed

My home machine is a iBook and the host machine is running Linux on an
Itanium (64-bit) processor.

Seems like...I need to set the display to my home machine and also
probably install some compatible fonts.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Raj

--
"For him who has conquered the mind, the mind is the best of friends;
but for one who has failed to do so, his very mind will be the

Rajanikanth