Re: Help with NMinimize

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg82488] Re: Help with NMinimize
  • From: congruentialuminaire at yahoo.com
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 05:36:38 -0400 (EDT)

Hello Flavio:

Recently I have been studying the numeric capabilities of Mathematica. My
attempt at an answer to your question would be:

The NXXX, FindXXX routines do use numerical rather than symbolics, but
this is mainly for internal calculations. The Mathematica interpreter language
processing is separate and inherently symbolic. So understanding
patterns, rules, pure functions, et.al. will always be part of making
your Mathematica programs work correctly, even with using the NXXX routines.

Regards..