Gradient of a List

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg82557] Gradient of a List
  • From: olalla <operez009 at ikasle.ehu.es>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 04:34:28 -0400 (EDT)

Hi everybody,

Does anybody know how can I get the "gradient" of a list of points?

My real problem is:

I have a scalar field previously obtained numerically that for a
given point (xi,yi) takes a value f(xi,yi). What I want to do is an
estimation of the gradient of this scalar field BUT I haven't got any
analytical function that expresses  my field so I can't use the Grad
function.

How can I solve this using Mathematica?

Thanks in advance

Olalla, Bilbao UPV/EHU