Services & Resources / Wolfram Forums / MathGroup Archive
-----

MathGroup Archive 2007

[Date Index] [Thread Index] [Author Index]

Search the Archive

Re: Converting notebooks to use Mathematica Player

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg82608] Re: Converting notebooks to use Mathematica Player
  • From: "Nasser Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 05:18:17 -0400 (EDT)

"Nasser Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org> wrote in message news:...
>>
>
> Hello;
>
> Could someone please look at my notebook and let me know what the 
> conversion failed?
>
> I have a screen shot of the error message and the notebook itself.
>
> I read the guidelines, and I have SaveDefinition->True in there but I get 
> an error about unsecured symbols? I also merged all cells into one, but 
> this did not help.
>
> This works fine in Mathematica 6.0.1
>
> http://12000.org/tmp/oct_27_07_player_problem/not_secure_symbols.PNG
> http://12000.org/tmp/oct_27_07_player_problem/project1_nasser_problem_three_DEMO.nb
>
> thanks,
> Nasser

UPDATE:

I got email from WRI support to add more intialization code in the 
Manipulate to deal with this unsecured symbols problem that the on-line 
converter does not like.

I did this, and the error went away, and the conversion was ok.

But the .nbp file still does not run as it does inside Mathematica. I send 
email to support.

If anyone insterested in trying the player file (.nbp) , I've put it along 
with the original .nb file in here

http://12000.org/tmp/oct_27_07_player_problem/

Please feel free to give it a try. You can see that the .nb file works OK, 
but the .npb does not, at least not on my system. I am using XP, and 
Mathematicqa 6.0.1

thanks
Nasser



  • Prev by Date: Re: Selecting Rows Where All Columns Satisfy a Condition
  • Next by Date: Re: Gradient of a List
  • Previous by thread: Re: Converting notebooks to use Mathematica Player
  • Next by thread: Re: Converting notebooks to use Mathematica Player