Re: Transparent background in Mathematica 6?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg82761] Re: Transparent background in Mathematica 6?
- From: Szabolcs Horvát <szhorvat at gmail.com>
- Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 03:39:34 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com>
DmitryG wrote: > Hi All, > > Sorry to bother you with an old topic on transparent background. We > all know why it is important. I am trying to produce a GIF with a > transparent background now. > > Mathematica 6 no longer supports ConversionOptions that was suggested > by the members in 2000. > > In the description of Background I read that Background->None in Plot > makes the background transparent. However, my GIFs produced in this > way have white background. > > Anyone can comment on this? I haven't tested this, but according to the doc page ref/format/GIF , the "TransparentColor" option should be able to do this. Quoting the docs: "Export["file.gif",expr,"TransparentColor"->White] creates a GIF file in which all white pixels of the original image are taken to be transparent." -- Szabolcs