Re: [Mathematica 6] Bug in Labeled, Center align option

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg80764] Re: [mg80735] [Mathematica 6] Bug in Labeled, Center align option
  • From: Carl Woll <carlw at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 00:25:04 -0400 (EDT)

Nasser Abbasi wrote:

>Mathematica 6.0.1
>
>Hello
>
>According to help, Labeled is supposed to accept the form {side,align} where
>align can include
>
>       Center, Left, Right, Bottom, Top.
>
>But when I tried the 'Center', it did not accept it.
>
>Labeled[{1, 2, 3}, "123", {Bottom, Right}]
>Labeled[{1, 2, 3}, "123", {Bottom, Left}]
>Labeled[{1, 2, 3}, "123", {Bottom, Right}]
>Labeled[{1, 2, 3}, "123", {Bottom, Top}]
>Labeled[{1, 2, 3}, "123", {Bottom, Center}]

You need to change the syntax to use another pair of {}:

Labeled[{1,2,3},"123",{{Bottom, Center}}]

I agree that the help here is a bit misleading. However, if you go down
to the Scope examples, you will see an example titled

"Control the placement of labels:"

and here you have examples placing labels wherever you want. I often
find these examples in the documentation to be very helpful.

Carl Woll
Wolfram Research