Re: Rule-based programming: declare variables to be a number

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg80792] Re: Rule-based programming: declare variables to be a number
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.ch>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 00:39:28 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Hendrick,

simpliy replace g by 1. before calling NumberQ.

Further, I think it is a bad thing to change definitions of built in

function. Better create your own. Then:

myNumberQ[expr_] := NumberQ[expr /. g -> 1.]

By the way, I noted ,that NumberQ returns True for Exp[1.] but False for

Exp[1]

hope this helps, Daniel