Re: date format

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg80826] Re: date format
  • From: rob <josh2499 at hotmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 06:14:38 -0400 (EDT)

It appears that the natural output of Date[] has
year, month, day, etc which puts the least significant value
on the right, just like most other numbering systems. I've
always wondered why most people don't use this simple
convention for dates.  I believe it is the SI standard
format. Amazingly, various branches of the USA gov are
beginning to do this-- slowly. Today would be 2007 Sept. 02.