Re: Unevaluated hypergeometric functions

jahman wrote:

>   I am trying to plot an expression that is a sum of Hypergeometric
> functions 2F1(1,b,2;z).  When I enter the plot command with my power
> series as the argument, I get a blank plot with no errors indicated.
> I'm new to Mathematica, so can you tell me what it means?

Usually, Mathematica returns a syntacticly correct expression
unevaluated when it does not know what to do with it. Plot will return
some pair of axes. For instance, if one evaluate the following
expressions, f[x] is a function without any definition and Plot just
draws a pair of axes.

ClearAll[f] (* To be sure that f will not be defined. *)
Plot[f[x], {x, 0, 10}]

--
Jean-Marc