Re: Unevaluated hypergeometric functions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg80936] Re: Unevaluated hypergeometric functions
  • From: David Bailey <dave at Remove_Thisdbailey.co.uk>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 05:18:44 -0400 (EDT)

jahman wrote:
> Hi,
>   I am trying to plot an expression that is a sum of Hypergeometric
> functions 2F1(1,b,2;z).  When I enter the plot command with my power
> series as the argument, I get a blank plot with no errors indicated.
> I'm new to Mathematica, so can you tell me what it means?
>
> Thanks

You will have to post the exact code (the simplest case that gives
trouble)  you are using. Take care to post InputForm - otherwise half
the characters get trashed by the e-mail process!

Alternatively, start with something that does work - say

Plot[Sin[x],{x,0,10}]

and progressively modify it to do what you want.

Make sure you are using square brackets for all the functions, and that
you have used the correct syntax for the hypergeometric - the usual
mathematical semicolon notation definitely will not work!

David Bailey
http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk