Import from https: link in mathematica 6.0.1 on mac?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg80993] Import from https: link in mathematica 6.0.1 on mac?
  • From: kirk reinholtz <kirk.reinholtz at jpl.nasa.gov>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 02:07:03 -0400 (EDT)

Has anybody figured out how to make Mathematica 6.0.1 aware of a
certificate necessary to allow an import from an https:... link?

I am aware of the support document here: http://support.wolfram.com/
mathematica/interface/import/importhttpsdata.html

However, on my install there is no lib/security directory, so the
instructions don't work as written.

When I created the directory path and did the "keytool" command as
outlined (but using the system keytool: there was no "../../bin/
keytool") it did create the cacerts file, but it did not change the
behavior of the attempted Import.

Any clues would be appreciated...