Re: Re: LegendreP error (bug?) in Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg81171] Re: [mg81126] Re: LegendreP error (bug?) in Mathematica
  • From: Bob Hanlon <hanlonr at cox.net>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 03:43:46 -0400 (EDT)

In version 6 I do not see a problem with the first two examples. In the third example, l is undefined. Defining l and changing 3.7 to 37/10 (use rational numbers to maintain high precision) works fine. Alternatively, specify higher precision (e.g., 3.7`25). Also, in version 6, Plot has an option to change (increase) the WorkingPrecision.

Bob Hanlon