FormBox being stripped in Mathematica 6

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg81219] FormBox being stripped in Mathematica 6
  • From: Cca <cca at gregosetroianos.mat.br>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 04:04:52 -0400 (EDT)

Consider this in Mathematica 6:

Cell[BoxData[FormBox[RowBox[{"a", "+", "b"}], TraditionalForm]],
  "Input"] // CellPrint

In the output cell, select the incomplete expression a+ and paste on another cell.
You will see that the FormBox[_,TraditionalForm] wrapper is stripped: the expression is pasted in StandardForm.

Well, this does not happen in previous versions (at least, not in v.5.1).
Also, NotebookRead does not detect the FormBox -- while it did in previous versions.

How can I revert to the old behaviour? How can I mantain the TraditionalForm FormBox on pasting?
Is there a FrontEnd option governing this? Why is the FormBox being stripped?

Cordialmente,

Carlos César de Araújo
Gregos & Troianos Educacional
http://www.gregosetroianos.mat.br