Can an arrow be drawn on a 3D plot?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg81253] Can an arrow be drawn on a 3D plot?
  • From: chuck009 <dmilioto at comcast.com>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 00:30:03 -0400 (EDT)

The code below draws a surface and a contour over that surface.  I'd like to show the direction of the contour with arrows.  Looks like Arrow only works in 2D.  Any way to draw an arrow lying on a 3-D surface?  Ideally, I'd like to place say 2 arrows on the green contour on the red surface showing the direction (of integration).

f[z_] := z;
iSurface = ParametricPlot3D[
       {Re[z], Im[z], Im[f[z]]} /.
         z -> r*Exp[I*t], {r, 0, 5},