Linux V6: slow input

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg81299] Linux V6: slow input
  • From: Michael Knap <michael.j.knap at comcast.net>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 05:59:57 -0400 (EDT)

When a notebook gets to a certain size(we'll say 100 lines or so, not
even that big), the typing input for the notebook gets decidedly slow,
nearly unusable at 3 char / sec.

I saw the earlier post a few months ago, but no solution. Is it strictly
a qt problem?

Some other info:
Mathematica 6
Linux x86-64-smp on Intel Core 2 Duo