Re: step into dsolve routine on step at a time

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg81415] Re: step into dsolve routine on step at a time
  • From: Szabolcs Horvát <szhorvat at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 03:31:21 -0400 (EDT)

sean_incali wrote:
> I wonder if there is any way to do the same thing for DSolve routine.
> Can anyone think of a way?
>
> http://documents.wolfram.com/v5/Demos/Notebooks/Step-by-StepDifferentiation.html
>
> It seems like there would be a way to modify the codes that are in
> that notebook to work with DSolve...
>
> Thanks for any input/help/info.

That example does not use D[] in any way.  It reimplements the
functionality that D[] has.  To do the same thing for solving
differential equations, you'd have to come up with some good algorithms
and implement them yourself.  Which is of course not at all trivial
(otherwise DSolve would work better).

--
Szabolcs