Question about InputField

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg81525] Question about InputField
  • From: Cca <cca at gregosetroianos.mat.br>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 06:50:14 -0400 (EDT)

The problem is as follows. Start with

DynamicModule[{v = Null}, {InputField[Dynamic[v]], Dynamic[v]}]

Now, enter a disjunction "pvq" by typing p+Esc||Esc+q in the returned InputField. When you click outside, the expression pvq is reformatted to p||q -- while I want to see pvq.

One solution that I found is to use

DynamicModule[{v = Null}, {InputField[Dynamic[v], Boxes],
  Dynamic[ToExpression[v]]}]

But I´m not satisfied with it. What if I just want to put expressions in an InputField for which there is no rules for ToExpression? (Just presentation, not content.) Any ideas?

Carlos César de Araújo
Gregos & Troianos Educacional
http://www.gregosetroianos.mat.br
MSN: cca_gregosetroianos at hotmail.com