3D graphics resize unintentionally when rotated

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg81640] 3D graphics resize unintentionally when rotated
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 04:00:24 -0400 (EDT)

I'm experiencing the following problem with 3D graphics display in
Mathematica 6 under Windows XP (with an ATI 256 MB video card): If I
display the result of, say,

and then use the mouse to rotate the graphic, at various instances the
size of the sphere will suddenly grow, and then when I rotate it further
it will suddenly shrink.

Anybody else notice such behavior?  Any explanation?

Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305