Re: Colorfunction based upon flux direction

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg87184] Re: Colorfunction based upon flux direction
  • From: dh <dh at>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 05:16:56 -0500 (EST)

Hi Patrick,

I answered this question 5 days ago, but it never made it to the group.

Here it is the answer again:

in ListVectorFieldPlot3D  the color function gets the magnitude of the

vector as argument. Therefore, there is no direction info available. You

must use a trick to do this, e.g. you could use a counter to access the

original vectors:

d[[++count,2]];0.5+0.5 r.{1,0,0}/Sqrt[ r.r]]]]

hope this helps, Daniel