Re: Bug in ExportString?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg87380] Re: Bug in ExportString?
- From: ragfield <ragfield at gmail.com>
- Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 05:54:10 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Apr 8, 4:38 am, P_ter <petervansumme... at gmail.com> wrote: > ImportString[ExportString[" ", "PDF"], "PDF"] > My point is that this gives an image, while > ImportString[ExportString["t", "PDF"], "PDF"] > gives with Inputform a polygon. > I think a space is also text (" "). It has an ASCII place. So, there shoul= d be no difference in structure with the letter t. Given that Mathematica's PDF import converts text to polygons, how exactly would you expect an empty glyph (such as the space character) to be converted to a polygon? The current behavior seems correct to me. -Rob