Re: Trace'ing Gradient in FindMinimum

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg87406] Re: Trace'ing Gradient in FindMinimum
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.ch>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 02:09:45 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Art,

the most Trace will deliver you may see by:

Trace[FindMinimum[f[x], {x, init}, Gradient -> df[x]], _]

(do  not try this with dimension=1000!!) As you will see, the gradient

nowhere appears in unevaluated form. Therefore, no need to search for

it. You may be better off with Print statements.

hope this helps, Daniel